Thursday, April 17, 2014
Nancy Tucker Brown and I have been friends for many years. We were high school buddies and then roommates our freshman year at Peace College. She is one of the most sincere, beautiful people I know and I am lucky that she is my friend. She is checking multiple boxes off of her bucket list and one of them is a trip to Santorini, Greece. She rented a cave house called Unique Architect, Oia for a month and invited friends and family to join her. Did I mention how generous she is too! Anyway, I'm one of the lucky friends to have been invited. Going through precheck at the security point just started my trip off right! You don't have to take shoes off or anything. I didn't even have to pull out my liquids although I had only 2 little things. Zip zap, I'm through! And the line was a mile long for regular security check. So, I am sitting in the Charlotte airport drinking a Old Mecklenburg seasonal waiting to board my flight to Philadelphia (one of the legs to my long journey to Santorini), taking a deep breath and just thinking about how wonderful my life is. I have the best husband, family and friends. I was thinking if something were to happen to me, I am ok because I have so many people that love me and that I love! Every time I fly I do think what if the plane goes down. Well, everyone does! Even though that thought does cross my mind, I am looking forward to what the future has for me. I was talking with someone about what good they saw in life and I can honestly say I can see so much good by just moving the bad cobwebs out of the way. Yes, there have been some atrocities and there will be more in the future but if we spend all our time worrying about that, how can we enjoy life. We most definitely should be concerned and do all in our power to spread love and bring attention to those things which are harming innocent people and our world but I will love this life on earth because it is the only one afforded to me. I find peace when I accept the things that I cannot change and change the things that I can and know the difference. Mmmm. I think there is a prayer about that. :)
Can't wait to get to Santorini! Until then, I will watch movies, read books, listen to music and people watch!!! Cheers to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment